The Hebrew Free Loan Association (HFLA) of Washington State, helps Washington State Jewish residents with interest-free loans.
* HFLA offers no-interest, no fee loans that provide a safety-net and a gateway to opportunity for the Washington State Jewish community. We are the only provider of interest-free loans in the state.
* HFLA makes loans for up to $5,000. Loans of up to $7,500 are available for post-secondary education, i.e. for college, vocational or technical education from the Student Access Fund (SAF) which opens each Spring for applications.
* Repayments - Loan payment amounts are decided between the borrower and HFLA, and driven by borrower's individual circumstances so they can successfully repay.
* Repayments go into new loans - Each month we make new loans with the payments from current borrowers. This reduces our need to raise money each month.
* Our program is sustainable - HFLA has been incorporated in Washington since 1914, and has been helping our Jewish community all this time.
"If thou lend money to any of my people, even to the poor with thee, thou shall not be to him as a creditor; neither shall ye lay upon him interest."